Home > Escarole and Bean Soup
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 pound of escarole, chopped
4 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
1 - 15 ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 ounce chunk of Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 teaspoons of EXTRA virgin olive oil
Crusty bread for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
3. Add the escarole and sauté until wilted (about 3 minutes).
4. Add the chicken broth, beans and chunk of Parmesan cheese.
5. Simmer until beans are heated through (about 5 minutes).
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Servings for 6 – Teaspoon the EXTRA virgin olive oil over each serving and serve with the crusty bread.